This is what we described and provided as a summary to the Supervisors.
Cambridge Historical Association
PO Box 461
Cambridge, IA 50046
Cambridge’s busiest community season is from the end of May to mid-June. The Cambridge Historical Association’s participation included:
- We updated our Cambridge Veterans list which the Boy Scouts then used to place American flags on the veterans graves for the American Legion Auxiliary for Memorial Day Ceremonies.
- The Cambridge Alumni Association annual banquet included our Open House before the banquet.
- Being part of the parade for the Cambridge Jubilee Days followed by another Open House for the community.
- Our Open Houses featured the Cambridge High School Class Pictures which had been assembled by the Cambridge Alumni Association. These are now part of our permanent collection.
Other projects this year included:
- Participating in a Ballard School project on the history of local communities.
- Increasing our holdings of Cambridge/Ballard school yearbooks.
- Adding to and updating our displays.
- Our major financial investment - replacement of the furnace for our building.
Our supporters, which includes former residents and others interested in the local history, have continued to donate historical items, support our group, and request help finding information from our files. Recent requests have included one from California and another from Norway via a cousin in Minnesota.
We have begun using Twitter to highlight happenings of the Cambridge Historical Association and of the Story County Historical Alliance. You can follow us at @chanotes.
You can find the Story County Historical Alliance website at: storycountyhistory.blogspot.com
The Story County Historical Alliance website has had 1329 pageviews so far this year.